Connect to Eduroam Wireless - Windows 7
For additional information on eduroam, please see https://cpprit.freshservice.com/solution/articles/13000024799-eduroam-wireless-network-overview
1. Right click on the wireless bars in the bottom right-hand corner.
2. Left Click on the open network and sharing center.
3. Left click "Manage Wireless Networks".
4. Left click "Add".
5. Left click "Manually create a network profile".
6. Fill in the following screen with the fields shown in the picture below.
Network name: eduroam
Security type: WPA2-Enterprise
Encryption type: AES
Security Key: *Blank*
7. Left click "Next".
8. Left click the button "Change Connection settings" that appears.
9. Left click the tab "Security" in the following window.
10. Un-check the "Remember my credentials for this connection each time I'm logged on".
11. Left Click the "Settings" button to the right of the box that says "Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)".
12. A window should appear.
13. Left click the "Configure..." that is towards the bottom.
14. A new window should appear.
15. Un-check the Box that says "Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any.)
16. Left click "OK".
17 That window should close.
18. Left click "OK" in the current window at the bottom.
19. That window should close.
20. Left click "OK" in the current window at the bottom.
21. Click network bars in your low right corner.
22. Connect to "eduroam". It will ask for your credentials.
23. Your username is onlineID@home.ku.edu. Your Password is your normal online password.
Please Note: Users from other institutions will use their respective username but will not use @home.ku.edu. Instead, the username will need to reflect the domain of their home institution in the format of username@domain. Specific domain information will need to be supplied by the users home institution and is not accessible by KU IT.